scope of view
FCC is a part of ground segment that responsible for Control and monitoring mission plans and monitoring satellite subsystem status.
FCC Main Functions:
- Schedule satellite operations, payload tasks and ground data reception station;
- Transmit commands to control the satellite subsystems and monitoring transmission of these commands
- Determination of satellite orbit parameters
- Calculate trajectory (navigational) data and data for pointing Data Reception and Transmission Facilities (DRTF)antenna;
- Monitoring of operation of the satellite subsystem through processing of telemetry data received from the satellite;
- Analysis statues of satellite subsystem (real time) in off-nominal situations.
- synchronize onboard time and ground time;
- Perform data exchange between the FCC subsystems and DRTF.
- Archive and manage the data received or generated by FCC;
The FCC main subsystems:
- FCC server.
- Telemetry subsystem.
- Payload planning subsystem
- Orbit determination and propagation subsystem
- Satellite control subsystem
Orbit determination and propagation main functions:
- Preparing input data (two line element File).
- Forecasting of satellite movement parameters
- Calculating of the satellite ground tracks.
- Build simple Propagator for satellite Position.
- Calculate the ground station radio visibility zone (Time of Communication sessions).
- Calculate the target designation for ground station antenna (where the antenna will aiming).
- Store the results in local and shared database.
Number of Project members
up to 8 students