scope of view
This project aims to design and implement virtual reality environment to improve Satellite Assembly process with minimal error, low time and low cost. starting firstly, with design data model, process model, user interfaces and data flow diagram of VR software, secondly, design the interface method between user and VR environment, thirdly, implementation phase using any programming language like C# or Java Script for coding VR software and its interface with user.
Case study for satellite assembly process will be used to test the project output.
The three main activities occur in an AIT facility are:
- Assembly: Includes all mechanical and electrical construction activity such as of electrical components mounting into the satellite.
- Integration: Includes interconnecting various components to form a subsystem and verifying that all components and subsystems are working as per design.
- Testing: Includes performing analysis and evaluation at component for each subsystem and all satellite.
Satellite assembly process is very critical process, consequently it should be found system to simulate the details of all assembly steps, there are several AIT centers that have been developed to provide the needs of satellite assembly, simulated the assembly process before real satellite components assembly.
Virtual reality (VR) now makes it possible to involve the end-user more than ever
before in the preliminary design, assembly phases for satellite components. VR has been an important part of the Next development process.
Each project uses 3D immersion for reviewing concepts. This makes it possible for all actors, especially those who cannot access computer aided design (CAD) routinely, to share in the global vision of the product at key points in the development and to better understand the different choices in the assembly satellite steps. VR has become an essential resource in developing new products in order to choose a best assembly for all satellite wires, component s and devices before physical mock-up (without replacing it).
Give students the knowledge about:
- Software engineering to be able to analysis and design
- Virtual reality technology
- Satellite Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT)
- Object oriented programming
- Design the Interfacing between VR environment and the user
Number of Project members
up to 8 students